Saturday, February 29, 2020

My new home and radio shack

Well it has been past 6 months since I moved to a new apartment. It is bigger than previous one so I have my own space for me :) . Unfortunately I  still at lower floors of the building (3rd fllor, around 13m above ground) and with a not so good options for my new antenna. Putting it on a roof require abot 30-40 meters of cable either Rg58 or Rg213, and a acceptance for mount of antenna, signed from 50% + 1 of neighbors living in my building. So I decide to temporarily put longwire (short, just 6.5m) from my balcony in orther to work. Got Kenwood Ts480HX as a base station and put my Icom 706mk2 in a suitcase for portable use. Helped by a friend, also a ham operator, that made for me noice cancelator, required for those ugly street led lights just below my window. Got used but good linear power supply 22amps and kept the old one, electronic-pulse, power supply for a backup. Have another two, one is halogen 30amps power supply and other is also linear but only 7amps, but due to limited space I am forces to keep them packed. 
For start it is not so much for a new shack. But it works :) and I started making qso's.  
Unfortunately lot of noise on 40m band due to some foreign radar interfere and also bad propagations, but it's satisfactory.
73
My new shack.
Good oldie but goldie Icom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment