Tuesday, April 23, 2019

XEOMA - webcam surveillance software review

Xeoma for me is not an unknown software. I've been using it 2 years ago. I decided to stop using it because there was not requirement for surveillance software that will record our activities and persons that come in and out in our company. Due to risen activities as a result of growth of our company, these days we faced requirement for software that will be active again as a surveillance for activities in our warehouse and office premises.
Browsing through my emails these days I noticed new email from Xeoma people, informing me about their latest software release. Knowing that this company can make surprise I decide to download their software, again :) .
Their latest release is Xeoma 19.4.22 and it gives fully functional image (one click run program file) of Xeoma software.
It run smoothly on my computer (Intel® Celeron(R) CPU G1620 @ 2.70GHz × 2 ) and it found my local installed IP cameras without any problem. What was surprising for me is that one of the camera's that require specific connection protocol, was accessed with ease and for a first time I saw image of my camera on other place beside my android phone :)
I am not such a great user and person that understand in cameras but I can say this software has good algorithm for processing of stream and images that result in very sharp and precise picture. Also tracking objects and sensors management is good and there are a lot of options and modules that can be manually be added in other to customize your camera monitoring procedure. What I like very much is face recognition and emotions modules where you can "train" your computer to recognize (by putting person(s) in front of camera for main setup of recognition) people you work with or some other unwanted persons and therefore to be able to inform you with email or other signalling procedure about it. Emotions module work similar except it detect emotions of the person and based upon it sending you report based on your settings.
Also, smoke detector is interesting for me as a simple solution where you can use this software for alarming when fire is present near camera view point.
ANPR sender to FTP is sensor in order to recognise plates of a vehicle and after that to send image to a programmed destination with a message-information about it. I did not tet it but i think it could be used in next period in order to make on-time information and recording of company car arrivals in order to track efficiency of  employees that work as merchandisers.
For first look, this software give lot of chances and options to keep you busy for a couple of days. It is easy programmable and easy to use and understand.
For me, the reason I return to this software after a while is a enough proof that simply it is best choice for surveillance software for personal and company uses.

Link to this software: Xeoma video surveillance software


1 comment: